JOB DESCRIPTION ON NIKE RECRUITMENTS:
As a Higher Knit Designer for Footwear you have to collaborate with the Code Knit Design team and the NXT Knit design studio. You will also have to partner with the greater design community, footwear design, digital design, Materials design and computational, as well as the mentor of other designers. You’ll work hand in hand with large project teams so that you will be included as part of engineers, programmers, yarn developers, sustainability, scientists, and insights to make the team forward.
As a creative and technical specialist in the field of knitted textile design you will be working with the design director and design team to develop seasonal knit concepts for footwear across all dimensions and genders. You will bring to life this direction in both physical knit samples and digital renderings. We expect you to push the edge of what is possible, adopting unknowns and always being comfortable with risk! In your day to day you will engage with your knit design team in trend research, insights, problem solving for the best design solves across performance and lifestyle. You will always consider sustainability in your design practice and stay on top of the latest balanced textile and yarn developments. With each season you will be encouraged to present your work both formally and informally across multiple audiences. In addition to the project work you will also collaborate and help build the seasonal design direction. As a world-class Knit designer, you will be seen as a team leader and mentor for other designers.
- Collaborator who works well with others
- Speaks up with courage for self and team
- Positive personality and energy
- Hardworking and Curious and demonstrate an ability to influence with this passion!
- Phenomenal teammate and humble leader
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA Textile Design – Specialism in Knit preferred
- 5+ years of proven experience in knitted textile design and programming flat knitting machines.
- Sophisticated knowledge of fully fashioned knitting
- M1 Plus (related to Stoll CMS) is required
- Can realise concepts both in render and physical prototype / swatches
- Confirmed ability to translate consumer insights and trends into product solutions and narrative.
- Must be able to build across a product spectrum with multiple solutions
- Previous Knitted Footwear design experience preferred
- A working knowledge of 3D and computational tools a plus
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes for knitted materials and yarn
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England and United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A